Comparing the Simple Pump Hand Pump to Others
This page lists some GENERAL, UNBIASED questions (like price and pumping effort) so YOU can determine which pump is best for YOUR needs.
Some Key Factors to Think About
- TOTAL COST – ready to pump
- Ability to pump into your home’s pressure tank
- How much PUMPING EFFORT is required?
- Is there a written Warranty?
Some Specific Questions to Ask
1. What is the FULL price, with shipping and ready to pump?
2. Is the pump designed to share a casing with a submersible?….or must it be installed in a dedicated well?
3. What clearance is needed down the well?
4. What is the maximum water level the pump can comfortably pump from?
Most hand-operated pumps can only operate to 150 to 200 feet — and even then only with great effort. Simple Pump can pump from 325 feet with only moderate effort.
5. How much pumping effort from your water level?
6. What is the expected frequency of maintenance?
7. How easy is it to do any necessary maintenance.
8. Can the pump deliver water at pressure into a household plumbing or irrigation system? Or is it only spill-over delivery into a reservoir or bucket?
9. Do the pump materials comply the ‘safe drinking water’ regulations?
10. Is a lifting rig needed for installation?
(Simple Pump installs by hand in most wells, with a few simple, standard tools – e.g. Allen wrenches and vice grips.)
11. Can you install yourself, or must you pay for a professional?
(To check Simple Pump installation, check the first video ON THIS PAGE.)
12. What security measures protect against theft?
13. How much water can be pumped per minute?
14. Is the pump freeze-proof?
15. Is the pump made in the USA?
No other pump has the balance of economy and quality that the Simple Pump offers you.
“My wife and I both believe strongly in buying local and supporting local business. However, in this instance, we do not hesitate to endorse the Simple Pump over the locally made Bison Pump.“
The Simple Pump is of superior quality and capability compared to other pumps that cost much more. In fact, we think there is simply no better pump in this category — at ANY price.