Comparing the Simple Pump Hand Pump to Others
This page lists some GENERAL, UNBIASED questions (like price and pumping effort) so YOU can determine which pump is best for YOUR needs.
Some Key Factors to Think About
- TOTAL COST – ready to pump
- Ability to pump into your home’s pressure tank
- How much PUMPING EFFORT is required?
- Is there a written Warranty?
Some Specific Questions to Ask
1. What is the FULL price, with shipping and ready to pump?
2. Specifically, how much pumping effort will be required from your water level?
3. Is the pump designed to share a casing with a submersible?….or must it be installed in a dedicated well?
4. How much water is pumped per stroke?
5. What is the maximum water level the pump can comfortably pump from?
Most hand-operated pumps can only in shallow wells. A few can operate to 150 to 200 feet — and even then only with great effort. Simple Pump is still usable by the average person at 325 feet water level.
6. What is the expected frequency of maintenance?
7. How easy is it to do any necessary maintenance.
8. Can the pump deliver water at pressure into a household plumbing or irrigation system? Or is it only spill-over delivery into a reservoir or bucket?
9. Do the pump materials comply the ‘safe drinking water’ regulations?
10. Is a lifting rig needed for installation?
(Simple Pump installs by hand in most wells, with a few simple, standard tools – e.g. Allen wrenches and vice grips.)
11. Can you install yourself, or must you pay for a professional?
(To check Simple Pump installation, check the first video ON THIS PAGE.)
12. What security measures protect against theft?
13. Is the pump freeze-proof?
14. Is the pump made in the USA?
No other pump has the balance of economy and quality that the Simple Pump offers you.
“My wife and I both believe strongly in buying local and supporting local business. However, in this instance, we do not hesitate to endorse the Simple Pump over the locally made Bison Pump.“
The Simple Pump is of superior quality and capability compared to other pumps that cost much more. In fact, we think there is simply no better pump in this category — at ANY price.