For Emergency Backup or For Your Off Grid Home
FIRST— DECIDE WHAT YOU NEED
There are a lot of different hand pumps, with different capabilities. Some basic pumps can only pump into a bucket from a very shallow well. Others can pump from a deep well. A small number can pump into the pressurized water system of your home.
Before you can evaluate different pumps, you need to know or decide on 3 important questions:
DEEP OR SHALLOW WELL?
Whatever your well’s DEPTH is, your water level could be anywhere between there and ground level. The water level is the single most critical factor. If your water level is below about 20 feet, you will need a deep well pump.
WHAT’S IT FOR?
Do you want to pump water into the pressure tank of your home’s plumbing system? Or will you be satisfied just pumping directly into a bucket, or through a hose to your garden?
LONG TERM OR IN A PINCH
Will an inexpensive (and cheaply made) pump suffice? Or do you want a long-term back up pump that you can rely on to last a lifetime with minimal maintenance?
Now that you’ve considered what you want from a hand pump, consider the different pumps available and ask these specific questions of each. Below is a handy list of questions to help you decide which is best for you.
QUESTIONS TO ASK IN EVALUATING DIFFERENT PUMPS
Choosing a hand pump involves balancing cost with capability and quality… to find what is best for you.
1. What is the TOTAL COST (with shipping) of a ready-to-pump system?
2. Is there a DISCOUNT for multiple purchases — for family and friends?
3. Can you earn a COMMISSION for more family, friends or neighbor sales, after buying your own pump?
4. How much PUMPING EFFORT is needed from your water level? (This is a critical and often overlooked factor.)
5. How many GALLONS PER MINUTE can the pump give you?
6. Is the pump FREEZE-PROOF?
7. Can it pump into your home’s PRESSURE TANK and give full use of all your taps and fixtures?
8. And if this applies to you — Can it pump UPHILL?
9. DIY: Can you do the installation, or do you need to pay a professional?
10. Can the hand pump go down beside your SUBMERSIBLE?
11. Is there a WRITTEN WARRANTY?
12. Is the pump made in the USA?
Evaluate for Yourself — And if You Decide to Check Out SimplePUMP, Get a Free Quote for Your Well.