Installation Instructions for the MOTORIZED Simple Pump System (Scotch Yoke Drive option) page 3
Section 1: Contents as Shipped and Tools Required
- (1) 3/16″ Allen wrench for (4) 1/4-20 SS SHCS that attach the mechanism to the pump head. Also used for removing the Crank Arm Roller.
- (1) Channel locks
- (1) Medium Phillips screwdriver for fastening electrical leads to terminal strip
Contents of Box
DC gear motor and Scotch Yoke mechanism with cover, delivered as one piece.
White protective over wrap on cover to be removed before installation
- (2)-6-32X5/16″ Pan Head Phillips machine screws in 18-8SS with internal washer — to be removed to remove cover.
- (4) 1/4-20×1″ SS SHCS mounting bolts
- (3) 25A ATO/ATC automotive-style fuses (for 12V system), OR
- (3) 15A ATO/ATC automotive-style fuses (for 24V system)
Section 2: Unpacking, Inspection and Preparation
Carefully remove the Motorized SYD mechanism, bolts (in poly bag) and fuses from the shipping box.
Using the medium Phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws that attach the cover. The picture on the right shows the the position of one of those two screws (on an installed motor). The second screw is in the corresponding position on the right.
Remove the white protective over wrap from the cover.
Once the cover is removed, you will see the yoke (lower photo to right). It is installed inside of the SS enclosure, padded with 1/8″ foam for protection in shipping.
Remove the yoke and its packing materials. You will require the yoke early in the installation process.