SimplePUMP Hand Pump: How to Uninstall
We recommend you view the installation video for an overview before using these instructions. Although that video is for INSTALLATION, it will still help to visualize steps.
*** READ EACH SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS STEP BY STEP.
Pay particular attention to anything marked ***.
The following instructions are detailed, and should tell you everything you need to know.
If you have questions, please phone 775-265-1220.
Page 1 (this page)
|Section 1 – Introduction, tools required, DIY or professional|
|Remove Handle and Pump Head|
|Drop Pipes, Lift Rods, Pump Cylinder|
1. If you are a homeowner, you must have a helper for this process, and for reinstalling.
2. We recommend you view the installation video for an overview, before using these instructions.
Even though the video is the reverse of this document (i.e. it is the installation), the visual image will still help… https://www.simplepump.com/support/installation-videos/
3. Read each section carefully before proceeding. Follow instructions step by step.
4. Pay particular attention to anything marked ***.
5. The following instructions should tell you everything you need to know. If you have questions, please phone 775-265-1220.
(1) SIM073 installation safety tool.
(1) Allen wrench set (English, not metric. 1/4”, 3/16”, 5/32”)
(2) Channel locks: to grip 1¾” outer diameter PVC pipe
(2) Vise grips
Optional: (1) T-handle Assist Tool. Recommended if you have 8 or more drop pipe units.
(If you don’t have this safety tool or a T-handle, you can purchase by phoning 877.492.8711 ext4.).
Do It Yourself, or Call a Professional?
First, you need to first determine the SimplePUMP configuration… standard or pitless.
IF YOUR SIMPLE PUMP DELIVERS WATER OUT THE NOZZLE AT THE TOP OF THE PUMP, YOU HAVE A STANDARD CONFIGURATION
With a standard configuration, a homeowner can uninstall the pump, as long as it’s not very far down.
*** STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Whatever your water level, two people should install and uninstall the SimplePUMP.
*** STRONGLY RECOMMENDED #2: If your water level is deeper than about 130 feet, we recommend a professional do the work. Each length of drop pipe is about 5 lbs. So at 200 feet water level, you would have to handle handle 130 lbs.
We can’t of course determine what weight you and your helper will be able to handle safely.
IF YOUR SIMPLE PUMP DELIVERS WATER UNDERGROUND… NO WATER COMING OUT THE TOP… YOU HAVE A PITLESS CONFIGURATION
With a pitless configuration, we strongly recommend having a professional install or uninstall the pump. Specific knowledge and tools are needed to do this safely.