SimplePUMP Hand Pump Maintenance: p1
If you are a homeowner, we recommend you have a helper whenever uninstalling or installing your pump.
READ EACH SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS STEP BY STEP.
The following instructions are detailed, and should tell you everything you need to know.
If you have questions, please phone 775-265-1220.
Tools and Materials Needed
These tools and materials will be needed either during maintenance or to reinstall the pump.
- Allen wrench set (English, not metric)
- 2 channel locks: to grip 1-3/4” outer diameter PVC pipe
- 2 vise grips
- Roll of Teflon tape
- Bleach/water: 1 part bleach to 20 parts water.
- Wire cutters, strippers (if installing alongside an existing submersible pump)
- Small tube of Permatex Anti-Seize Compound/Lubricant, available from any auto parts store. (‘High temperature capability’, with copper or nickel versions, is not necessary.)