Comparing to Other Pumps
Some Factors to Think About when Comparing Hand Pumps
If comparing our pricing with other companies' pumps, look at factors such as:
Simple Pump is of superior quality and capability compared to other pumps that cost much more. In fact, we think there is simply no better pump in this category at ANY price.
Some Questions to Ask when Comparing Pumps
1. What is the FULL price, with shipping and ready to pump?
2. What is the diameter of the foot valve/pump cylinder?
3. Is the pump designed to share a casing with a submersible?....or must it be installed in a dedicated well? (Most hand pumps need a dedicated well: they are too large to be installed in most wells with a submersible.)
4. How deep can water comfortably be pumped from?
5. How much pumping effort from, for example, 100 foot static? (Simple Pump requires only six pounds.)
6. What is the weight of the mechanism? (for installation and maintenance)
7. What is the frequency of expected maintenance?
8. Can the pump deliver water at pressure into a household plumbing or irrigation system? Or is it only spill-over delivery into a bucket?
9. What are the materials of construction? Are those materials NSF and/or Safe Drinking Water act approved?
10. Is a lifting rig needed for installation? (Simple Pump installs by hand in most well, with a couple of simple, standard tools.)
11. Do they offer a conversion kit to upgrade a hand-operateed pump to motorized?
12. What is the shipping cost?
13. Is the pump made in the USA?
14. What security measures protect against theft?
15. How much water per minute?
16. Is the pump freeze-proof?
No other pump has the balance of economy and quality that Simple Pump offers you.