Some Questions to Ask when Comparing Pumps
1. What is included with the quoted purchase price of the pump?....and what must be added to make the pump operable?
2. What is the diameter of the foot valve?
3. Is the pump designed to share a casing with a submersible?....or must it be installed in a dedicated well? (Most hand pumps need a dedicated well: they are too large to be installed in most wells with a submersible.)
4. How deep can water comfortably be pumped from?
5. How much pumping effort from, for example, 100 foot static? (Simple Pump requires only six pounds.)
6. What is the weight of the mechanism?
7. What is the seal material in the foot valve?....and what is the expected repair/replacement frequency?....at what cost and effort?
8. Can the pump deliver water at pressure into a household plumbing or irrigation system? Or is it only spill-over delivery into a bucket?
9. What are the materials of construction? Are those materials NSF and/or Safe Drinking Water act approved?
10. Is a lifting rig needed for installation? (Simple Pump installs by hand in most well, with a couple of simple, standard tools.)
11. Do they offer a conversion kit to upgrade a hand-operateed pump to motorized?
12. How heavy is the pump?....what is the shipping cost?
13. Is the pump made in the USA?
14. Is there an option to lower the pump system and remove the lever arm to render the system less inviting to vandals?
15. How much water per minute?
16. Is the pump freeze-proof?
No other pump has the balance of economy and quality that Simple Pump offers you.